Here are the must-know snippets of MAPIC 2017
Writen by Ángela ·
Just a month and half before winding up the fourth quarter of 2017, we have an impeccable event for the retail realtors. The international retail real estate event, MAPIC, will be held in Cannes, France, on the 13 – 15th of November. Organised by REED MIDEM, this event consists of conferences revolving around alluring retail topics, an exhibition area and a networking platform where you will have a unique opportunity to converse with more than 8,500 participants, including 2,000 retailers, 2,500 developers and major industry players to enhance your retail real estate development.
Geoblink, for the first time, is making its way to MAPIC’17!
Why to attend?
It is an unmissable event because it offers plentiful and splendid opportunities on one platform. The activities range from exhibitions to award competitions and a lot of other sessions that a retailer and realtor can benefit from. Not only does it offer informative sessions, but also networking areas with business people and companies from 78 countries.
Who are the speakers?
Out of more than 80 speakers from the real estate and retail industries, we would like to present you some of the speakers who are taking on the MAPIC stage this November:
- Aiello Andrea: Editor-in-chief, retail & food, Edifis, will be one of the speakers giving a talk on “Travel Retail – How to turn the transit zones into food destinations?”
- Dubois Christian: International Partner – Head of Retail Services France, Cushman & Wakefield, will be speaking on “High Streets – Luxury vs. mass market retailers.
- Gajzer Philipp: General Manager, Move now commercial brokers GmbH & CO.KG is also involved in the High Street conference session.
- Bonelli Louis: Head of Leasing, Klepierre, will discuss about “Food & Beverage – from shopping malls to lifeplaces”
What are the conferences about?
In today’s world where technology disrupts retail and real estate businesses, socio-demographic fluctuates at every dawn and consumer’s taste alters every second, it is vital for the executives and managers to get updates and adopted with the rapid changes in the business world. Likewise, the MAPIC conference sessions are interestingly spun around:
- The New Retail: Learn about evolving industry trends, discover international upcoming retail real estate projects, hear real-life business cases, and catch a sneak peek of tomorrow’s emerging solutions.
- Shopping the World: 16+ sessions to find the development opportunities to meet strategic partners and expand your business worldwide.
- Online to Offline: the new omnichannel relation between customers, brands & shopping centres. Discover latest concepts & innovations in retail shopping centres 3.0 that raise retail property value & traffic.
- Leisure: Find the best solutions to entertain your customers & increase footfall. 30+ international conferences & pitching sessions!
- Special 2017 Focue — Food & Berverage: How F&B is transforming retail destinations? A global overview of the international food fashion trends to meet in-vogue food services players.
Look out for these companies in MAPIC’17:
Every year MAPIC welcomes all companies ranging from the emerging to the established ones. Likewise, this year, prominent companies such as Adidas, Alain Afflelou, Amrest, GE, etc, are making their appearance in MAPIC’17.
Geoblink is excited and looking forward to attending this international retail real estate event! Our very own Antonie Castagnet and Quentin Gaudinat will be there with an allocated booth. As soon as we know the booth details we will let you know so you can pass by and gain some insights on the importance of Location Intelligence in retail and commercial real estate businesses.
In the meantime, visit our website to know more about the integration of location analytics into businesses or contact us if you would like to see in action the performance of the powerful business component.