Location Intelligence Analyst
Founded in 2015, Geoblink is a fast growing startup that has already raised close to $8 million in investment from leading venture capital firms, and that was named by Bloomberg as one of 50 most promising startups in the world to look out for. Our goal is to revolutionise the world of Location Intelligence and the way businesses think about, and act upon location intelligence data.
About the role
Data is at the core of Geoblink’s DNA, and part of every single challenge we face when building new functionalities. As our Location Intelligence expert you would be one of the main points of reference for analysing retail networks and their customers, finding best spots for new openings and predicting revenue of potential new locations in order to make clever strategic recommendations.
On a day-today basis you will need to:
- Be one of the people in charge of delivering projects on location intelligence,
And leading a team of talented analysts to understand and solve problems based on spatial data.
- Work closely with the Data Engineers to design and implement the automation of processes and models in the production environment to be consumed by stakeholders.
- Constantly obsess about finding, modelling and processing data.
- Squeeze data from a variety of sources, applying statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms, in order to get insights of our world and help retailers to make better decisions based on located data.
- Work closely with the rest of the Tech and Product teams including developers and Product Managers to understand the needs of our clients and figure out how to fulfill them by transforming existing data or finding new sources.
- Constantly review and update existing systems to find better solutions or technologies to improve and make them more flexible, scalable and/or performant.
- Coach and mentor other team members to create a culture that fosters collaboration and personal growth.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience working with intelligence analysis (such as cannibalization, sales prediction, etc) to provide insightful, accurate and consistent sales forecasting data views.
- Passionate about geomarketing and location intelligence: new disrupting sources of data, spatial analysis, statistics, machine learning, big data.
- Experience in location intelligence analysis, including sales prediction on new stores, cannibalization analysis, real estate pricing models and geomarketing.
- Experience in statistical data analysis. Advanced knowledge of statistics, modelling and data cleaning.
- A strong track record of crafting simple and elegant solutions to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work with Python, Linux, Bash and Git and Machine Learning techniques and algorithms.
Perks of the job
We have something called the “zero-policy” which means there are no restrictions on vacation days, office hours, working from home days, etc. We want all our employees to be “Mini-CEOs”, who will be responsible enough to create their own work schedules that don’t disrupt their productivity.
Everyone at Geoblink is passionate about their job, whether it be increasing businesses ROI or building complex data systems. People join Geoblink not just for the flexibility that we offer but because we have worked hard to foster a great collaborative environment filled with plenty of opportunity to have a real impact in the business and collaborate with some off the best minds in the industry.
We also offer some great things like:
- Unlimited coffee and tea to keep you going
- Chillout space with ping-pong, table football, etc to unwind
- Attractive compensation package
- Lots of space for you to work in peace so you can produce your best work
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the best people in the industry
- Great career progression
- Quarterly off sites to awesome destinations, language tandems
- And much much more!
Thank you! We will be in touch soon!