Senior Data Scientist (Location Intelligence)
We’re a fast growing startup that already raised close to $8 million in investment from leading venture capital firms, and that was named by Bloomberg as one of 50 most promising startups in the world to look out for. Our goal is to revolutionise the world of Location Intelligence and the way businesses think about, and act upon location intelligence data.
About the role
Data is at the core of Geoblink’s DNA, and part of every single challenge we face when building new functionalities. Most Data Science positions right now involve trying to forecast sales over existing stores to find out how some trends in sales will evolve over time. However, what we are doing is working on predicting a new possible location with no past data. Sounds challenging, and fun right?!
On a day-today basis you will need to:
- Engage in conversations with our clients, prepare project checkpoints and guide the projects with final requirements in mind.
- Lead a small team of talented analysts to understand and solve problems based on spatial data.
- Work closely with our Data Engineers to design and implement the automation of processes and models in the production environment to be viewed by stakeholders.
- Squeeze data from a variety of sources while applying statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms to get insights of our world and help clients make better decisions.
- Work closely with other teams to understand our clients needs and figure out how to best fulfill them with existing data or new sources.
- Constantly review and update existing systems to find better solutions or technologies to improve and make them more flexible, scalable and performant.
What we are looking for someone with:
- Previous experience working with business stakeholders and ensuring projects are completed with business requirements in mind.
- Previous experience working with intelligence analysis (such as cannibalization, sales prediction, etc) to provide insightful, accurate and consistent sales forecasting data views.
- A passion for geomarketing and location intelligence: new disrupting sources of data, spatial analysis, statistics, machine learning, big data.
- Experience in statistical data analysis. Advanced knowledge of statistics, modelling and data cleaning.
- A strong track record of crafting simple and elegant solutions to solve complex problems.
- Ability to work with Python, Linux, Bash and Git and Machine Learning techniques and algorithms.
- An obsession about finding, modelling and processing data.
- Previous experience coaching people in order to create a culture that fosters collaboration and personal growth.
- Experience in real estate pricing models would be a plus.
Perks of the job
Everyone at Geoblink is passionate about their job, whether it be increasing businesses ROI or building complex data systems. People join Geoblink not just for the flexibility that we offer but because we have worked hard to foster a great collaborative environment filled with plenty of opportunity to have a real impact in the business and collaborate with some off the best minds in the industry.
We also offer some great things like:
- Unlimited coffee and tea to keep you going
- Chillout space with ping-pong, table football, etc to unwind
- Attractive compensation package
- Lots of space for you to work in peace so you can produce your best work
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the best people in the industry
- Great career progression
- Quarterly off sites to awesome destinations, language tandems
- And much much more!
Thank you! We will be in touch soon!